Egg and potato Frittata
Learn more about the frittata’s origins. An Italian creation…The Grake Den Way!
- Milk or Heavy Whipping Cream
- Potatoes (diced)
- Cheese (grated parmesan and cheddar)
- Olive oil OR butter (2Tbps)
- Preheat the Oven 350 degrees
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan with the olive oil.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté on medium-high heat until the onions are soft and the garlic fragrant.
- Add the diced potatoes and continue to gently sauté; let the potatoes get a nice golden color. Season the potatoes with a little salt and pepper.
- Alternate Option: add whatever breakfast meats you like and saute together w/ potatoes and garlic/onion.
- Beat the eggs (10 or more for big family) with the milk, parsley, grated parmesan and seasonings and pour over the potatoes.
- Cook the eggs in the skillet on medium to medium-low heat carefully scraping only around the edges every mins.
- Cook about 75% of the way done or until eggs begin to solidify, but still runny on the top.
- Place in the oven for about 10 – 12 minutes or until the eggs are set; remove from the oven and top with the shredded cheese, place back in the oven until the cheese is melted and a touch golden.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 5 mins and then cut into pizza-like slices.